Monday, March 8, 2010

Storm Rolling in...

I was out doing some work on the ranch...feeding some cattle and putting out mineral and salt and caught these pictures of a storm rolling in.





This past week was bitter sweet. My dear Aunt Barbara lost her valiant fight with complications from her cancer treatment. These pictures of the storm clouds kind of represent the mood many of the family have been in. As I was driving home from a few days spent with the family in College Station a song came on the radio that touched me in light of the loss we all feel. I have heard the song hundreds of times but it really hit home. Below are a few lines from that song.

"Sitting with Mama, alone in her bedroom, she opened her eyes then squeezed my hand, she said I have to go now, my time here is over and with her final breath she tried to help me understand, Mama whispered softly time will ease your pain, life's about changing, nothing ever stays the same. She said how can I help you to say goodbye? It's OK to hurt and it's OK to cry...come let me hold you and I will try ...how can I help you to say goodbye?" ~Patty Loveless

I know my dear Aunt was taking care of her girls and my Uncle...even in her suffering. She made sure they were home with all their loved ones around them before she went to be with God. We all loved her and she will be forever missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment