Monday, December 7, 2009

Another day at work...

Well, first thing this morning (after dropping kids at school, of course) I had to fill up the feed wagon to do some feeding.


As I drive out on to the ranch my little weanling's are patiently waiting for me...haha look at them!


Those pesky horses are back...horses are opportunists and gluten's when it come to feed...



Then I had to go to a pasture and move 175 pairs to another pasture. We use rotational grazing...basically we "overstock" a pasture causing the cows to use the graze more evenly then when the graze is used up we move them on to the next pasture allowing the grazed one to have time to rejuvenate itself. Anyway...it was "moving day" today!




These bulls decided to stop for a little shoving match...this is how the bulls decided who gets to mate with the cow that is ready...typical, hu?


There are hazards to living with the prickly pear cactus...


There I am! In the mirror of the truck...


Now that I moved that group of cows (most of them anyway) I have to move their mineral troughs and fill them up!




Well, that was my morning...now to get some computer work done, supper on, kids picked up and I am off to my friend Jane's house to help her with her "open house" during the "Tour of Homes!" Have a great Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment