Monday, December 7, 2009

My Homemade Chili Recipe

I made homemade chili for supper tonight and I thought I would share my quick easy recipe with you.

In a skillet I browned 1 pound of ground axis meat and 1 pound of ground turkey breast. (You can use ground beef instead of the axis...I just had axis on hand and it is super lean and healthy!)

I added to the browning meat:

2 T. Cumin
3 t. Garlic Powder
2 t. Paprika
4 T. of Chili powder
1 t. Oregano
and salt and pepper to taste (which equals a lot in my book!)

Meanwhile I had my crock pot heating up. I poured the browned meat into the crock pot and added 1 small chopped onion, 1 beef bullion cube, 1 small can of tomato paste and 1 can of diced tomatoes (rotel can be used if you like it spicier...I have to feed it to my kids so we went with diced tomatoes.) Then I added 2 Cups of HOT water. Stir and leave it for at least 5 hours in the crock pot.



I served it over Frito's with shredded cheese over it for the kids. I like mine with sour cream on it and I eat it with brown rice. Yummy! Warms you from the inside out on a cold winter day!

1 comment:

  1. Isnt blogging the BEST!!! How fun :) I will have to check in with you often... Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete