Friday, December 4, 2009

Snow on the Z-Bar!

Well, What a day for my first post of my new blog! Many friends and family ask about the work I do and I have been encouraged to blog about the "Modern Day Cowgirl" so here we go!

Today I had to feed the 153 calves we have been weaning along with all the other cows on the ranch. This morning when I woke up to take my kids to school this is the view I had:






So after an exciting trip to town to drop the kids at school I headed out to feed...here they come!!!



Some horses are living in the weaning pasture right now, too...so they had to pose for a picture!




This one is licking her mouth...she is HUNGRY!!




Notice the ice on her whiskers and you can see her breath...beautiful girl...don't you think!?


It was a beautiful morning on the ranch! I so enjoyed the frozen toes and fingers that took an hour to thaw out...but hey...it's just another day in the life of a modern cowgirl!

No comments:

Post a Comment